Saturday, March 27, 2010

Zoom H4n

I am normally not that interested in "prosumer" equipment, but this Zoom H4n recorder is really impressing me so far. I will be writing a short piece for a magazine that I have written for many times before about this little cool device and how well it works in the field. The region I will be in in africa will be hard on this equipment, so its a great place to test them out. I recorded some preproduction with the Parkington Sisters with this little recorder not long ago and was very impressed with the way it sounds! I wish there was a better way to throughput the sound of the little stereo pair of condensers built right to the unit... anyway, I will have more to say about this thing soon enough. 
     Please feel free to donate through paypal to my email address. contact me through this blog first. 

1 comment:

  1. I had the original Zoom H4. It sounded ok but everything else about it was dreadful. The biggest problem was none of the files were time stamped. Also the display was very small and it was far from intuitive. Still I did make some great recordings with it. It seems like they have addressed a lot of the problems with the new model. I guess that's what I get for being an early adopter.

    ReplyDelete