Thursday, June 17, 2010

The next step after getting the walls painted with high gloss outdoor paint, is to get the floors, which seem to be in a permanent state of wetness these days (global warming?) covered in some sealed flagstone and some awesome surplus industrial shiny tiles. I am buying the odds and ends at a couple of tile places, like the stuff they dont have enough to do a whole bathroom, you know? The super shiny subway tile type stuff, but in sick colors like industrial green and brown. I am really excited for that step because I wont have to stand in disgusting slime the whole time I am working down there. 
    PHASE 946: after the foor, we will add the super thin, plate-verb steel sheeting that will be suspended by springs and turnbuckles between the 2x4 uprights (you can see one of them in this picture) to extend the verb time by hopefully a bunch. Clearly the metal will be a bunch of Db down from the room decay, but I am hoping it will add a nice tail on percussive sounds like snare. Already, the clap sound down there is starting to inspire.... Special thanks to Francisco Botero, Miles Turney and Matt Labozza for helping out down in that smelly hole today. Its going to be legendary. :)
Also, I ordered the Speakers for down there today, and the SDC microphones. They will be here next week. I am using some crazy inexpensive stuff: the mackie "THUMP" speaker, and some samson small diaphragm condensers. It is so nasty down there, that I dont want to send anything to snazzy to the dungeon just yet. If the SDC's suck, I will re-evaluate later.



No comments:

Post a Comment