Monday, April 12, 2010

Listening party

Tshepo showing off the ruff mixes Cd. I made one for everyone. We had a sick listening party. 

I woke up and turned on my laptop and the drive was dead. yes. the internal hard drive had died. 397 degree heat and dust at the school all week took it out. Africa took it out. 
SO, I had to transfer everything on my external drives and use the burner on Marika's laptop to make CD's for everyone. Everything worked out. When my drive died, we didnt lose any work, but we lost the ability to DO work, so no more recording, and we leave tomorrow (tuesday). 
We had a seriously fun listening party where everyone jumped up and lip sync'd to their tracks, and then after we all went in the pool, though only a couple of us could swim. I did lose an entire document I had been writing about the trip that was on my desktop, but I know the oints that I touched on, but i will re-write it when I get home and get a new drive in my laptop... damn. maybe I will get a solid state drive.... 
More soon. 
We are going to be stopping at some spots tomorrow on the way back to johannesburg....
more soon from HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment